Date(s) - 24/07/2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- East Midlands Regional Meeting
- East of England Regional Meeting
- London Regional Meeting
- National OBC Meeting
- North East Regional Meeting
- North West Regional Meeting
- South East Regional Meeting
- South West Regional Meeting
- West Midlands Regional Meeting
- Yorkshire and Humber Regional Meeting
Due to the restrictions on large gatherings due to COVID-19, we have organised this online session for a catch up before the official ‘School Holiday’s
June O’Sullivan (Chief Executive, The London Early Years Foundation – LEYF)
Gill Jones (Early Education Deputy Director, Ofsted) and Wendy Ratcliff (HM Inspector, Ofsted)
Julian Grenier (Headteacher, Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre)
This is a webinar, which will take place using Zoom software. Only meeting panellists will have their video and audio switched on.
Questions regarding any content in the meeting may be submitted using the Zoom Chat function and these will be addressed during the session, time permitting. The meeting will be recorded.
- 11.30: Welcome (June O’Sullivan)
- 11.35: Ofsted Introduction – overview of what has been happening at Ofsted during COVID-19 Pandemic (Gill Jones & Wendy Ratcliff)
- 11.45: Ofsted answers the sector questions, detailed below (Gill Jones and Wendy Ratcliff)
1. Can you give us some information on how inspections and monitoring visits will be conducted as we continue through the COVID-19 pandemic?
2. Will there be consideration given with regard to staff wellbeing an emotional health when inspections are taking place during the COVID-19 pandemic?
3. Can you give us an update on Registration visits post-COVID? There are many that are outstanding, how will these be managed?
4. Are you able to discuss any impact potential reduction in SEND funding might have on inspections post-COVID-19?
5. Can you discuss the Ofsted appeals procedure? Will this continue to be managed internally?
- 12.30: Presentation by Julian Grenier
Development Matters findings and an update on the ELGs
- 13.15: Closing remarks (June O’Sullivan)
Fees and Booking
Booking for this event is now closed.